THE FOLLOWING IS FOR THE APRIL 1ST MEETING:
Please note that you need to sign up on line (the link is in the info) and she has a March 25th deadline so she can get materials for it.
Combined AFCCH & Partners April Association Meeting
Date: Monday April 1, 2019
Location: Spirit of Joy Lutheran Church
4501 South Lemay Avenue
Northwest corner of Lemay and Harmony
Topic: Nature Play at Home
Speaker: Adrienne Sedlak
Cost: no cost
Training Hours: 1.5 hours training
Registration for the class is online Please follow the link below to access the registration
27341/ (The link may take awhile to load)
Registration for this class closes March 25th. Please sign up before then. Preregistration is required to ensure enough materials are on hand for all attendees.
The registration form has two questions –
How are you currently engaging young children outdoors?
How do you think a more naturalized outdoor learning environment benefits young children?
A brief answer of a sentence or two is all that is required. This is to show the speaker what aspects of this topic are important to the participants so she can tailor it to your interests.
Please note: You are invited to come to the class and just get the training hours--
There is no requirement to apply for the grant – that is totally optional. If you do want to apply, Adrienne will have the necessary paperwork and will walk you through it after the class and that should not take too long.
Nature Play at Home training description:
Join us for a specialized training for family child care providers.
Are you interested in learning natural and affordable ways you can engage children in outdoor spaces in your family child care home? Join us for "Nature Play at Home" to learn how to implement a naturalized outdoor learning environment in your own backyard. Participants will gain hands on knowledge of different play settings they can add to their outdoor spaces and easy ways to create a dynamic and engaging outdoor space. Each participant will leave with materials to start implementing right away.
This training is offered as a part of Early Childhood Health Outdoors (ECHO). We are able to provide a $275 implementation grant for participants to use to begin to implement ideas learned in the training and cover costs to attend the training. Interested family child care providers must register via the online registration system and complete funding paperwork at the training on April 1. Please be aware that you may attend the training and you are not obligated to receive grant funding.
Expectations for those who would like to receive grant funding:
· Attend “Nature Play at Home” on April 1.
· Complete the online Outdoor Learning Environment Best Practices Survey to be sent the week following the training.
· Use the $275 implementation grant to begin to implement ideas learned from “Nature Play at Home,” and cover costs to attend the training.
· Commit to completing the online Outdoor Learning Environment Best Practices Survey to be emailed in April of 2020. A reminder to complete this assessment will be emailed to you.
· Track your progress through pictures, stories, and quotes from children to share with ECHO partners and other child care professionals (before and after photos are great!).
· Act as an advocate and supporter of the Early Childhood Health Outdoors.